Blue Planet Photography - Art From Earth

I'm a professional photographer and this blog generally contains information about photography. But, since I also spent part of my life as a wildlife biologist, there will be some items about the environment as well. Maybe even some irritable ramblings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

5/28/2006

Studio move update

Well, not really a studio move, just yet. Technically, yes, because I've moved out of the studio space I've rented for the past 2 years back into my house. But, I don't have the spaciousness I had, so my "studio" is limited until I can locate another space. Got the phone line and DSL transferred with one hitch being the technician who setup the new line at the house didn't wire up the DSL properly, so I was offline for 2 days longer than I should have been, for a total of 4 days.

Then, when I booted up my systems one of my HDDs was corrupted. I'll have to take it in for data recovery since nothing I've tried so far addresses the problem I seem to have, which I'm still researching. Looks like a virus but no viruses are being detected on my system. All the folders and filenames have become gibberish. The drive is recognized (it's in a firewire external case with 2 bays), but the files are not readable. Had this happen once before several months ago with a drive in the same case that was my Ghost backup. I thought it was due to an issue with Ghost and moved the backup volume to an internally-connected drive and haven't had any issues like that or similar since. The drive with this issue is not accessed or backed up by Ghost and is on a separate computer. Didn't make for a happy day.

I moved out some other large items today, bookcases and some shelving. Monday (Memorial Day), Tuesday and Wednesday will be spent geting the rest of the stuff moved over. I've got about 3 times more gear than I started with and fitting it into the house has taken about 4 weeks both in organizing the homestead to accept it, and paring down the contents at both locations. It's amazing what junk you amass thinking you're going to use it at some point. Boxes for shipping or as sources of cardboard for shoring up or backing prints for shipping, bags of various sizes, hardware and equipment boxes (like you'll ever get that stuff back in those boxes if you ever have to move), magazines and various papers printed from the computer that ended up hidden in a pile somewhere and never read again. Lots went to the recycle bin.

I'll miss the space, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home