Blue Planet Photography - Art From Earth

I'm a professional photographer and this blog generally contains information about photography. But, since I also spent part of my life as a wildlife biologist, there will be some items about the environment as well. Maybe even some irritable ramblings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

4/24/2006

Bald Eagle Nest Live Streaming Video Update

Here's an update on the bald eagles nesting on Hornby Island. Sometime this week is the estimated hatch date. Today (4/24) at 15:00 MST the birds are still incubating.

You can see the live streaming video, with sound HERE.

This is one of the coolest video sites around. Being a biologist I catch myself making observations, looking at behaviors related to ambient sounds like dog barks, raven calls, etc. For most people it might seem kind of boring, just a bird sitting on a nest. But, once the eggs hatch....

Hey, I've been watching the video and at 15:42, the incubating bird (both male and female incubate and it's hard to tell teh sexes apart visually) got up (2 eggs), stretched, called to its mate, checked the eggs, then sat back on down at a slightly different angle with its face away from the sun. I thought there might be a feeding, it's about that time of day, but no.

Check it out. It's very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home