Blue Planet Photography - Art From Earth

I'm a professional photographer and this blog generally contains information about photography. But, since I also spent part of my life as a wildlife biologist, there will be some items about the environment as well. Maybe even some irritable ramblings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

4/16/2006

Blue Planet Photo website is down Temporarily

Well, my hosting company sold itself and is in the process of a painful server transition/upgrade/transfer of ownership. This was supposed to be a painless operation, but like all things technical you can't be certain. Of course, the server that my website is on is one that is giving problems. So, the Blue Planet Photography website is offline until they can get it fixed. I'll most likely have to upload the whole thing again as well since the backup they have on there now is a few months older than they said it would be.

For those of you who would like to know, the host is 1planhost. I've hosted with them for the past three years with nary a hiccup. There have been one or two server crashes and one instance of denial of service, but other than that the service and uptime has been great. Until now. I know they are working hard to put things right, at least I hope they are. You can never really tell when upgrades are part of a transfer of ownership. Will the new folks be at least as dilligent? Will the service be at least the same? Supposed to be better by all accounts, but then propoganda is rife at these times to prevent mass exodus of clients. We'll see. I'm hopeful, but you can never really tell until the rubber hits the road.

Email is a bit messed up as well, so if you're looking here for information, please be patient and I'll have everything back up as soon as I can. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home