Blue Planet Photography - Art From Earth

I'm a professional photographer and this blog generally contains information about photography. But, since I also spent part of my life as a wildlife biologist, there will be some items about the environment as well. Maybe even some irritable ramblings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

4/16/2006

Update on the website situation

Well, as I reported, 1planhost is working dilligently to get everyone accommodated and websites online. My site has been transferred to the new servers and currently waits for the new DNS information to propogate. I'll have to do some checking once it's back online to make sure it's all there. I think I'll have to upload some recent content, but so far it looks good. I appreciate the folks at 1planhost working over the holiday weekend to get this taken care of.

But, why do companies seem to always initiate major changes during holidays or at critical times of the year, like quarter or year end? It never fails to amaze me. Something always goes wrong and then everyone is scrambling for fixes, fighting fires and calming the masses who are all of a sudden screaming and yelling about service interruptions (yeah, me too). Can this be avoided? Or at least mitigated? i know that sometimes it's an all or nothing proposition, you can't "ramp up" some transfers and upgrades. You just get it set up as best you can and hope for the best.

Well, I hope blueplanetphoto.com is up and running again in the next day. At least there shouldn't be too many people surfing my site today (Easter), but you never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home