Blue Planet Photography - Art From Earth

I'm a professional photographer and this blog generally contains information about photography. But, since I also spent part of my life as a wildlife biologist, there will be some items about the environment as well. Maybe even some irritable ramblings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

6/15/2006

Online business card printers - beware of this one

I've used an online printer for my business cards and for business cards and postcards for a couple of my clients. They've done well in the past, but a recent event has caused me to discard them as a vendor and post this warning.

I received an order of 1000 business cards and the color was way off. Now, this is a gang run print job, so some color variation can occur across the print run. Usually that variance is within acceptable limits. The color on this order was, however, far from accurate and not acceptable to me or would be to my client. This was also the same file I had used for a previous order which was just fine.

I called their customer support line to see what could be done. I was interested in a reprint of the order. Another vendor I've used also had a similar issue a few months ago and when I called offered to do a reprint without my prompting. This call, however, went differently. I felt while talking to them that I held the burden of proof and the customer service rep was telling me how it was my fault. Now, I've been making fine art photographic prints for over 10 years, first in the darkroom and now on the computer. I feel pretty confident that I have a good idea what I'm doing. they requested that I send samples of the print order so they could evaluate them and make a decision about the resolution of this issue.

I sent them 4 samples which also showed the color variance within the print run, and I included a card from the previous order to show them what it should have looked like. I received a phone call a few days later and was told again that it was not their fault. They were willing to give me a discount on my next order, but I would get no reprint or refund. Needless to say I told them they had lost a customer.

I sent an order to my "old standby" printer, so I hope they can pull through for me.

The company I dumped is called 48hourprint.com. I thought they were ok, but at the first sign of trouble I suppose that's when you find out what really matters.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're looking for a printer with good quality, pricing, and up front shipping cost take a look at
printdirectforless click on PRINTINGREQUIREMENTS
They've been in business for over twenty years and know the printing business. Do yourself a favor and take a look you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Monday, February 16, 2009 at 9:58:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home